the pearl

In Schnapps Veritas

"I wanna be very very drunk right now," Willow said, glaring down at her feet.

Cordelia looked up from her compact, frowning. "Why?"

Willow continued to glare down at her feet. "'Cause Oz is off at a gig. 'Cause Buffy's off being angsty. 'Cause it's Friday. Just because." She looked up at Cordelia. "Got anything?"

Cordelia shut her compact, then rummaged in her purse. "Keys to my dad's liquor cabinet?"

Willow blinked. Willow blinked again. Then she smiled slowly. "Okay."

Cordelia grinned and walked into the living room. She returned with a bottle of peach schnapps and two shot glasses. She poured a small amount into each glass, then held up her glass. "To Friday nights."

Willow clinked her glass. "Cheers." She sipped at the drink. Tasted innocuous enough. She tipped it back.

Cordelia grinned as Willow spluttered and gasped for breath. "It takes awhile to get used to," she said before smoothly tipping the glass back.

 

Two drinks later:

"So what do you see in Oz?" Cordelia asked, pouring another drink.

Willow giggled. "He has nice hands."

"Well, yeah, he's a guitar player."

Willow giggled again. "No, he has nice hands. They..." She continued to giggle. "They know just what to do."

Cordelia looked at Willow, her eyes wide. "Willow!" she said, half admonishment, half surprise.

Willow looked back at her. "What? You're going to tell me that you and Xander spend all that time in the closet playing checkers?"

Cordelia stared at her in shock, then started giggling. Willow joined her and the two laughed for a full minute before Cordelia could answer. "We...uh....well, you know..."

Willow shook her head, still grinning. "No I don't."

"You haven't?" Cordelia raised an eyebrow.

"Nope..." Willow continued to shake her head, enjoying the dizzy feeling. "He's like....respecting my boundaries...or something."

"Really? Wow..." Cordelia pondered that for a bit. "But what about....you know...his hands?"

Willow giggled. "Just because we aren't doing...you know...doesn't mean we aren't doing other...you know..."

Cordelia giggled. "Despite all the "you knows", I do know." The duo broke out into giggles again. She poured another drink.

 

Three drinks:

"C'mon, Willow....you don't say you think someone's cute and then don't tell me!" Cordelia pouted.

Willow blushed. "You'll think it's gross..."

"Naw...c'mon....I won't tell anyone..." Cordelia fumblingly put her hand over her heart. "I promise."

Willow giggled again. "'Kay....it's..." She giggled again. "No, you're gonna laugh at me..."

Cordelia sighed. "Will! I won' laugh at you!" She looked at the other girl, her eyes wide. "C'mon....please?" She fluttered her eyelashes.

Willow snarled. "Do you pull that routine with Xander?" she muttered. She sighed. "All right...It's Giles. Okay?" She saw Cordelia trying to restrain from giggling. "I knew you were going to laugh!"

Cordelia couldn't help herself. She started laughing uncontrollably. "Willow..." she said in between chuckles. "Don't you think we KNEW?"

Willow blushed. "No!" Her head looked down to her feet. "Oh God...." She blushed even deeper. "Do you think he knows?"

Cordelia chuckled some more. "The way you suck up to him? Hell, I think he likes it."

Willow did the impossible — blushed even deeper. "Oh...my....god....." She clutched at Cordelia's arm. "How can I face him on Monday? I mean, he knows. Oh my god, he knows!"

Cordelia pried Willow's hands off her arm and poured another drink. "Willow....forget about it..." She handed the glass to Willow. "Drink your drink."

Willow sighed and grabbed the drink.

 

Four drinks:

"I don' feel good...." Willow said.

Cordelia sighed. "Jus' don' puke on my bed..."

"Can I sleep here?"

"Yeah..." Cordelia dragged herself onto the bed and promptly collapsed.

Willow fell on the bed next to her. She lifted her head slightly. "Cordy?"

"Mmmph?"

"You...I like you..."

Cordelia turned her face away from her pillow. "Like you too... 'Night."

Willow's response was a snore.

This Angel/Buffy the Vampire Slayer story was written by Kate Bolin. If you liked it, there's plenty more at http://www.dymphna.net/fanfic/. And you can feedback her at dymphna@dymphna.net.